New Nissan GT-R could get a hybrid powertrainAugust 9, 2020
Nissan is preparing a major update to its US lineup, including the GT-R supercar. This was reported by the Automotive News portal, relying on a representative of the Japanese corporation.
Nissan is currently working on an updated version of the GT-R, which could arrive in 2023.
In addition, the Japanese manufacturer is considering the possibility of installing a productive hybrid powertrain on the new product, but it will most likely be a kinetic energy recovery system. This technology is already being used on Nissan and GT-R LM Nismo racing cars.
At the same time, there were earlier rumors that the new GT-R will not be a hybrid and the current version of the model will “live” until 2027.
At the same time, many factors can influence the final decision of the Japanese company regarding the newest GT-R car. Therefore, it remains only to wait for an official statement from Nissan on this matter.
In addition, the Japanese company Nissan has recently published official photos of the interior of the Magnite crossover. The Japanese brand’s new car will debut in the Indian auto market early next year.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air