New Mitsubishi Outlander may get engine from NissanMay 7, 2020
The current Mitsubishi Outlander is nearing the end of its life cycle. The current model has been on sale since 2014. And now the Japanese company is going to update its compact crossover.
It is already known that the novelty will debut this year. In particular, previously online rendered images were published on the network, which make it possible to get acquainted with the appearance of the future news.
The new Outlander will be built on the same platform as the new-generation Nissan Rogue, which is also debuting this year. This architecture was developed by the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance.
At the same time, as the Nikkei agency informs on Thursday, May 7, the new Outlander will also acquire a power unit from Nissan, and this will be the first time that Mitsubishi will use the engine from this Japanese brand. And it shows how deep the alliance between these two Japanese brands is, and the relevance of the current alliance strategy to reduce costs by sharing development.
- The dynamics of the new BMW M5 CS showed on video
- Ferrari brought the mysterious Ferrari GTC4Lusso to tests
- Cupra Formentor will receive a cyclist detection function
- Chief Process Engineer becomes the new CEO of Lotus
- Polestar releases wireless update for Polestar 2