New MINI JCW GP and SE debut in Los AngelesNovember 14, 2019
The world premiere of MINI GP John Cooper Works (JCW) will take place on November 20.
The new MINI JCW GP will be unveiled at the BMW Group press conference on Wednesday, November 20, at 9:00 AM PST (6:00 PM CET).
Announced as the fastest MINI street car, the subcompact hot hatchback features a 301-horsepower 2.0-liter TwinPower engine, making it the most powerful in its class. The power unit will be paired with an automatic transmission.
Production of the JCW GP will be limited to 3,000 units worldwide, with prices in the United States starting at $ 45,550. The first copies will appear at dealerships in mid-2020, a few months after Cooper SE goes on sale in March next year.
The electric version of the hatchback will also be celebrated at the premiere of the show in North America at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will cost you at least $ 30,750. However, with federal and state tax incentives for electric cars, customers will only pay $ 17,900 in some states.
Cooper SE is equipped with an electric motor with a capacity of 181 hp and 270 Nm, running on a 32.6 kWh battery. It develops speed from zero to hundreds in 6.9 seconds, with a maximum speed of 150 km / h. With a fully charged battery, the range is 235-270 km.
- Chevrolet Suburban became the first car to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Renault Megane RS Trophy-R set a lap record
- From January 1, the European Union introduces stringent requirements for automakers
- Volkswagen introduced the budget cross-wagon C-Trek
- SUV Beijing BJ80 received a new version with a powerful motor