New Mazda MX-30 goes on sale in the fall with a hybrid powertrainAugust 12, 2020
The first cars to go on sale in Japan will only get a mild hybrid.
Production of the new compact crossover Mazda MX-30 began in May this year for the European and Japanese markets, while the cars have not yet gone on sale. As it became known recently, Japanese buyers will not be able to purchase an all-electric version of the novelty, instead of which they will have the opportunity to become the owners of a crossover with a moderate hybrid.
Thus, for Japan, the car will be available with a 2-liter engine of the Skyactiv-G family and an additional 24-volt starter-generator. In Europe, the gasoline engine has two power options – 122 and 150 hp, and a more efficient version is expected for Japan.
Recall that the all-electric version of the new Mazda MX-30 is equipped with one electric motor with 141 hp. and a battery with a capacity of 35.5 kW / h. This allows the car to travel up to 200 kilometers on a single charge.
- Look at the drift of an unmanned Toyota Supra
- Hyundai is preparing to debut new Custo minivan
- Rolls-Royce is preparing to introduce the first production electric car
- New Honda HR-V will debut February 18
- New Citroen e-Berlingo van goes on sale in late 2021