New Koenigsegg: a hybrid with a 2.9-liter V8February 15, 2019
Insiders revealed information about the power plant of the new “affordable” supercar Koenigsegg. According to preliminary information, a hybrid with a shaftless engine will produce about 1065 horsepower.
This was announced by Twitter user AutoPap, who allegedly saw a pre-production sample of the car. Supercar Koenigsegg with a body of aluminum and carbon fiber, as well as carbon fiber wheels equipped with a V-shaped “figure eight” of 2.9 liters with FreeValve technology. This engine does not have a traditional camshaft – its function is performed by electronically controlled valve actuators.
It is known that the new supercar will be the first model Koenigsegg, built in collaboration with the owning the assets of Saab consortium NEVS. Under the bilateral agreement, the company will receive additional investments, as well as access to a wide distribution network in China.
The signing of a strategic partnership agreement between Koenigesegg and NEVS became known in late January. The consortium invests in the manufacturer of hypercars 150 million euros, receiving in return 20 percent of the shares and access to technology.
- The debut date of the new Land Cruiser 300 SUV has become known
- The serial version of the Nissan Magnite cross debuted
- Top Gear racer rides the Audi RS6 Avant very fast
- Bugatti has introduced a new mysterious hypercar
- China will remain the main market for Mercedes-Benz for at least another 10 years