New Kia Sorento received a hybrid versionJuly 10, 2020
The Korean automaker has launched the assembly of a hybrid version of the mid-size crossover Sorento at its Hwasung plant, which is located in South Korea.
The hybrid Kia Sorento will be powered by a 1.6-liter turbocharged engine and an electric motor of 60 hp. Such a power plant was called Smartstream Sorento Hybrid. The total return of the hybrid crossover will be 230 hp. power and 350 Nm of torque. A 6-speed automatic transmission is used as a transmission, and all-wheel drive is implemented by means of an electrical device mounted on the gearbox, which allows transmitting all the engine power in parallel with minimal energy loss.
In the floor of the crossover placed a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of only 1.49 kW / h. With this arrangement, it has a minimum effect on the usable space in the cabin and the amount of luggage.
The first market where sales of the hybrid version of the Kia Sorento crossover will start will be Europe, where the new product will appear in the third quarter of 2020. Later, the company will begin supplying an electrified SUV to North America.
- Volkswagen has announced the premiere of the new generation “charged” Golf R
- Panasonic is going to release new Tesla batteries
- Citroen has achieved a ban on the sale of Polestar 2 in France
- The rare Mauck MSV 1120s camper is on sale
- The 1975 Ford Bronco with a V8 engine went on sale