New information published on Land Rover Defender 80April 17, 2020
As many automakers are currently delaying or pausing development programs, the debut and sale dates indicated here are subject to change.
The upcoming Defender 80 is the new Land Rover, which will be positioned below the recently revived Defender in the hierarchy. If it reaches the US market, it could become a more affordable entry point to the Defender off-road series. The US media called it 80 – given that Land Rover names the two versions of Defender 90 and 110 – although there is no evidence of this.
Land Rover is likely to build 80 in Asia on a platform shared by Tata’s parent company and associated with the one that underpins the existing Indian Tata Harrier market. Powertrain options should include smaller Ingenium turbocharged JLR engines, possibly with three cylinders, with hybrid and interchangeable options.
When the Defender 80 arrives around 2022 with prices starting just above $ 30,000, it can compete with SUVs such as the Ford Bronco and Jeep Wrangler.
- These shots show the powerful 2021 BMW M3 in real life
- Forgotten for 20 years in a barn Ford Mustang sells for 15 thousand dollars
- See Hispano Suiza Carmen electric hypercar in motion
- Tesla on autopilot dodged a collision with a truck
- Porsche Taycan is four times more popular than Panamera