New hatchback Opel Corsa will weigh less than a tonApril 17, 2019
Opel has spread the first details about the next-generation Corsa hatchback. According to representatives of the brand, the car will weigh about 108 kilograms less than its predecessor – less than a ton.
The new “Korsa” will keep the same overall length of the body – 4.06 meters. At the same time in its lightest modification, the five-door hatchback will weigh only 980 kilograms.
This figure was achieved due to the new body, which weighs 40 pounds lighter than its predecessor. In addition, the aluminum hood will help to lose another 2.4 kilograms, and the front and rear seats – 5.5 and 4.5 kilograms, respectively. All-aluminum engines will reduce weight by another 15 kilograms. Also win in weight will allow and new materials noise insulation.
- Tesla sues Donald Trump administration
- New BMW X8 spotted on public roads
- Lucid will compete with Tesla for the title of the fastest electric car
- Nissan launches fourth generation Rogue
- Tesla became a mining company