New Genesis GV70 Gets Sporty AppearanceJanuary 20, 2020
While the first Genesis GV80 SUV was already making its debut, developers focused on Hyundai’s second luxury brand SUV, the GV70.
The Genesis GV70, which is located between Tuson and Santa-Fe in size, will have a coupe-style SUV silhouette rather than a GV80, according to the latest spy shots taken near the Nurburgring. While the larger GV80 SUV is focused on the Mercedes GLE, BMW X5 and Audi Q7, the smaller GV70 will follow the Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Mercedes GLC.
The engine range will be used in conjunction with the GV80, so the coupe-crossover will use the new family of gas engines Theta III (2.5-liter T-GDi with a power of 304 hp) and Lambda III (3.5-liter T-GDi with a power of 380 hp) and probably a 3.0-liter V6 Smartstream Diesel. All of these engines will be connected to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
“If the G80 has a 50:50 ratio of elegance to dynamics, then the G70 has 70% dynamics and 30% elegance,” said Genesis chief designer Lee Sang-Yop. It is therefore expected that the Genesis GV70 will follow Genesis’s new “sporty elegance” design philosophy. The novelty will be presented in the third quarter of 2020.
- Volkswagen is working on a compact crossover ID.1
- Mitsubishi completes production of the world’s first mass-produced electric car
- The perfect self-driving taxi Muvone presented in the coronavirus pandemic
- Amphicar small-capacity convertible amphibious will be on sale
- Ford is testing a manual version of the Bronco SUV