New Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 will be slower than its predecessorMarch 15, 2019
Ford has confirmed that the maximum speed of the Mustang Shelby GT500 2020 will be limited to 290 km / h, which is 30 km / h less than the current version.
The previous-generation Shelby GT500 had a declared maximum speed of 320 km / h, and considering that the new supercar should get even more power, it would be reasonable to assume that the new GT500 will be even faster.
However, Ford had other plans for the project – the company does not see a real need to develop the Mustang, which can reach speeds of up to 320 km / h, because during physical tests and virtual simulations, it turned out that there are very few tracks in the USA where Shelby GT500 can go faster 290 km / h.
As a result, Ford will focus on developing a new dual-clutch gearbox, a new aerodynamic package capable of developing 250 kilogram downforce, as well as improving the ride quality of the Mustang. In this case, according to preliminary information, its 5.2-liter turbocharged V8 will develop more than 700 horsepower.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air