New Ford F-150 will be able to receive updates by airMay 18, 2020
This year, Ford intends to show the new generation F-150 pickup, the software of which can be updated by air. This was reported to the company on Sunday, May 17.
According to representatives of the corporation, the new Ford F-150 will be able to receive updates over the air. There is currently no information on the technical characteristics of the model, but it is known that the American concern can use online updates to reduce warranty costs and expand the services available to customers.
First of all, the technology is used for maintenance of a pickup truck, remote problem solving and software updates in order to improve the functioning of different systems.
The production of the restyled model F-150 should start in October this year in Michigan and in November in Kansas City.
The American company will begin to deliver updated pickups by the end of this year, unless, of course, the plans are affected by the coronavirus.
In addition, it was previously noted that Ford management has so far decided to stop further development of the high-performance Ranger Raptor pickup with a V8 power unit.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires