New filming format for Top Gear showSeptember 13, 2020
Anyone who has watched the British Top Gear show understands that studio scenes are filmed in a hangar at the circuit with a live audience. However, due to coronavirus restrictions, the format had to be changed.
Now the Top Gear “studio” is still in the same place in Dunsfold, but in the open air. Snapshots of the show’s new season 29 have been shown on Twitter by Top Gear. The source of inspiration was car cinemas, which gained new popularity amid the pandemic.
In addition to a car cinema, the studio resembles a venue for a music concert. Moreover, there will probably be more various cars in the frame than before, since viewers will be able to come to the shooting in their cars. However, as noted in Top Gear, the new format has one drawback – unpredictable English weather.
The new Top Gear season will be released late this year or early next year. Another change of hosts in the show took place in 2019. Actor Matt LeBlanc left the project, host Rory Reid was transferred to the Extra Gear show. Racer Chris Harris was joined by comedian Paddy McGuinness and former cricketer Andrew Flintoff.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles