New Duster, Logan and Sandero will not be hybridsJanuary 3, 2020
The new Dacia Logan, Sandero and Duster will not receive either hybrid or electric power units in the next 2 to 3 years. This was during an interview with Automotive News said the head of the European office of Renault Philippe Buro.
The management of the brand decided to postpone the electrification of Dacia models, primarily due to the fact that this requires additional costs, which will inevitably affect the cost of cars and reduce demand for them.
For this reason, Dacia is going to wait 2 – 3 years until cars of more expensive brands, such as Renault and Skoda, become more expensive. This will make it possible to leave a “price distance” from them. In addition, after a couple of years, the electrification procedure will become cheaper.
For the same reason, Dacia models will not receive the complex electronic assistants that Renault and Nissan cars are already equipped with, such assistants, for example, include modern semi-autonomous control technologies.
So, Dacia will be able to maintain its own place in the lowest price segment and will be able to offer cars on average 20% cheaper than the “classmates” of Renault. With the introduction of “semi-autopilot” and electrification, positioning would also be impossible.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry