New DS model will be produced at Opel in GermanyJune 3, 2020
Opel will assemble the new premium compact DS model at its main plant in the German city of Rüsselsheim.
Next summer, at the Opel plant in Germany, which is part of the PSA group, the launch of the new premium DS model will begin. In turn, from the end of next year, when the production of the new generation Opel Astra starts, the automobile company in Rüsselsheim will produce a total of 3 models: the refurbished Opel Insignia, the updated Astra and the still unnamed new DS car.
According to a PSA statement, investing in the Opel plant in Rüsselsheim will make it a “sustainable place for the production of cars, including electric cars,” thanks to the localization of the Group’s EMP2 platform.
This suggests that the new product will be built on the EMP2 architecture, designed for compact and medium-sized cars. This platform, in particular, provides for hybrid powertrains.
According to the assumptions, the second generation DS4 will become the new DS model, since EMP2 will also form its basis, and it is the only major debut of the brand, scheduled for 2021.
- 2021 BMW M5 surprises with impressive design
- 2003 Honda Civic is sold at the cost of a new car
- Called the date of the start of sales of the new minivan Hyundai Custo
- Koreans have created a battery that will provide a range of 1000 km
- Images of a futuristic Suzuki car appeared on the network