New crossover Honda HR-V lit up on patent imagesFebruary 10, 2021
The official premiere of the Honda HR-V will take place on 18 February.
The 2022 HR-V teaser campaign is in full swing, but Honda’s plans to keep it private fell through as a set of patent images surfaced on Facebook that apparently showcased the new global version of the HR-V.
The user who renders these images claims they belong to Honda. If we compare the car in the pictures and the current Honda HR-V, then the structure of the rear of the body is almost identical, and the details, from the high-positioned door handle to the location of the fuel tank cap, look the same.
Also, when comparing patent pictures and teasers, as well as spy photos, you can see the identical arrangement of headlights with LED DRLs installed on top. The contours of the bonnet are the same as is the location of the side mirrors.
Recall that on February 18, Honda will unveil its new subcompact crossover for global markets. Given the age of the outgoing second-generation model, launched more than seven years ago, we expect the US HR-V to arrive in model year 2022. If our assumption is correct, then the official premiere should take place in the second half of 2021, possibly towards the end of the year.
- GM unveils smallest Wuling MINIEV convertible in brand history
- NIO installs first 2nd generation battery replacement station in Beijing
- Porsche celebrates 20th anniversary in China with 911 Turbo S Anniversary Edition
- Mansory atelier presented a shocking version of the Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Honda Reveals 2 Fun Carbon Fiber Electric Car Concepts