New car sales in Japan continue to declineSeptember 21, 2020
At the same time, the inhabitants of the Land of the Rising Sun remain the most loyal to their auto industry.
The experts published the data on the dynamics of the Japanese car market in August 2020. In total, 169,341 new cars were purchased by Japanese residents last month. This result is 16.1% lower than last year for the same period.
If we talk about sales since the beginning of the year, the dealers were able to sell 1,575,238 new cars. Here the fall is even more serious – “minus” 19.5%. The most popular brand is still Toyota, which accounts for more than half of all cars sold, and it is more than 4 times ahead of its nearest competitor. Toyota dealers sold 87 652 new cars (-18.7%). Honda took the second position (19 160 units, -28.4%).
And the TOP-3 is complemented by another Japanese brand Nissan. It was Nissan that showed the worst dynamics among the leaders – “minus” 36.5%.
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI
- Second US state wants to ban gasoline cars