New car of James Bond will be electric car Aston MartinMarch 14, 2019
Director of the film about superspy Carey Fukunaga decided to transplant agent 007 on Aston Martin Rapide E
The new car of James Bond in the film under the working title “Bond 25” will be the electric car Aston Martin Rapide E. According to The Sun, this decision was made by the director of the film Carey Fukunagi, who is an environmentalist.
At the moment, the director is already in negotiations with Aston Martin. Filming should begin April 6, 2019. The main role in the film will be played by 51-year-old Daniel Craig.
Aston Martin Rapide E is driven by two electric motors. The total power of environmentally friendly sedan is more than 600 horsepower. Power reserve is 322 kilometers. Batteries for cars are developed by LG and Samsung.
Sales of electric vehicles will begin until the end of 2019. In total, 155 copies of the model called Rapid E will be collected. According to preliminary data, the cost of the car will be about 328 thousand dollars. The machine will be produced at a plant in Wales. Also at this enterprise I will produce a DBX crossover.
Aston Martin is going to start equipping all its cars with hybrid power plants by 2025. In addition, after 2030, about a quarter of all vehicles manufactured by the company will be converted to electric traction.
- 50-year-old Chevrolet from “Fast and the Furious” will be auctioned off
- Rolls-Royce Silver Specter station wagon put up for sale
- The first batch of Volkswagen ID.4 electric cars was sold out in a day
- Operation to rescue a Jeep Wrangler stuck on a mountain bike trail
- One of 500 released Holden sports cars locked in a barn for 22 years