Netflix will launch a Formula 1 series without cooperation with Mercedes and Ferrari

Netflix will launch a Formula 1 series without cooperation with Mercedes and Ferrari

February 25, 2019 0 By autotimesnews

Last year there was news that the channel would remove a documentary series on F-1 2018. A trailer appeared on the Web and the premiere date was announced. However, recently the producer of the film said that he could not agree with the two teams.

Work on the ten-episode film “Drive to survive” has already been completed. He will talk about the life of the teams and outstanding personalities of the championship, as well as what is happening in the paddock. A video trailer was published on F-1 on Twitter. Release date – March 8.

But there were difficulties on the way to creating a series. Executive producer Paul Martin told the British edition of The Telegraph that the film will not contain details about the rivalry of the two top teams – Mercedes and Ferrari.

We offered them the same conditions as other teams, but they refused to cooperate with them. As a broadcast platform, we didn’t like it very much.

Martin added: “These conditions were good, if the other teams agreed, then Mercedes and Ferriar, they also had to come. I think they did not quite right in relation to their fans.” In connection with this situation, the emphasis in the series was made on secondary subjects. We show the opposition of the Red Bull pilots, the last season of F1 in Alonso’s career and the success of Haas.