Named the reason for the speed limit in Volvo carsJune 20, 2020
The manufacturer explained the reason for this restriction.
Last month, a Volvo spokesman confirmed previously published information that the company intends to artificially limit the maximum speed of its new cars to 180 km / h. In other words, even with the purchase of the most powerful model of the brand, the maximum speed with which it will travel will be 180 km / h.
Now Volvo has tried to explain the reason for this decision. According to the company, driving at speeds in excess of 180 km / h increases the number of accidents and serious injuries. At the same time, it is no secret to anyone that there is not a single country in the world where such a speed would be allowed at all. Among other things, speed limits should initiate an international dialogue on road safety.
According to the authors of the project, modern cars not only allow you to drive at a very high speed, but also behave the same on any of them. This can always lead to excessive driver confidence in their abilities and, as a result, an accident with irreparable consequences.
- Elon Musk promised an affordable electric car for Europe
- Electric cars Audi E-Tron and E-Tron Sportback have been updated
- Serial production of Skoda Enyaq iV electric car started in the Czech Republic
- Elon Musk named the range of the electric Tesla truck
- Genesis GV60 electric crossover to debut in 2021