Named the most unprotected cars with keyless entryMarch 22, 2019
The easiest way to steal a Suzuki Jimny, harder – Audi e-tron
The British research center Thatcham Research has compiled a car’s security rating against remote hacking and theft. Of the 11 models tested, only four were able to show a good result: for data exchange, they use the most protected radio channel and are equipped with alarms with a tilt sensor.
In compiling the ranking, the experts took into account the security of keyless entry, the presence of Thatcham Research-certified alarms and other anti-theft systems. Audi e-tron, Jaguar XE, new Land Rover Evoque and Mercedes-Benz B-Class received the highest rating. The Ford Mondeo, Hyundai Nexo, Kia ProCeed, Lexus UX, Porsche Macan and Toyota Corolla Hybrid provide poor protection against interception of key data and unauthorized engine start.
Suzuki Jimny has been awarded the worst rating: the compact SUV does not even have basic security systems, including anti-theft alarm systems and wheel locks.
Last April, Thatcham Research named the UK’s safest car. According to the center, it was the Volvo XC90, in which since the beginning of sales in 2002, not a single person died.
- China showed “killer” Tesla with a power reserve of 708 kilometers
- General Motors is working on improved autopilot
- First Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwing Buyers Receive Exclusive Gifts
- Alrendo TS Bravo electric motorcycle to hit European roads in May
- All new Peugeot models will receive “charged” versions