Named contenders for the title of the best car in the worldFebruary 5, 2019
The winner of the contest “World Car of the Year” will be announced in April
The finalists of the World Car of the Year award became known – 10 models, which were selected by a jury from 40 applicants. The winner will be announced on April 17 at the Motor Show in New York.
Audi e-tron, BMW 3-Series, Ford Focus, Genesis G70, Hyundai Nexo, Jaguar I-Pace, Mercedes-Benz A-Class, Suzuki Jimny, Volvo S60 / V60 and Volvo XC40.
In mid-January, the same Genesis model was recognized as the best US car. At the same time, the 2018 Volvo XC40 crossover won in three contests at once: “European car of the year”, “Car of the year in Japan” and “Female car of the year”.
In addition, the winners will be announced in five categories at the New York Auto Show: “Executive Car”, “Sportcar”, “City Car”, “Green” Car ”and“ Best Design ”.
In 2018, the Volvo XC60 was awarded the “World Car of the Year” title, a year before – the Jaguar F-Pace, and in 2016 – the Mazda MX-5.
- Aston Martin accused of black PR against electric vehicles
- Lucid announced the completion of the construction of a car plant
- Electric Mercedes EQE spotted in trials
- Lewis Hamilton infected with coronavirus and will miss Sakhir Grand Prix
- Aston Martin DBX will receive “wings” forged in a special way