Named contenders for the title of “Car of the Year in Japan 2020-2021”November 2, 2020
The organizers have launched the procedure for the competition “Car of the Year in Japan 2020-2021”. Thirty-three cars have already been selected for this award.
According to the rules, only those novelties that entered the Japanese market from November 1, 2019 to October 31, 2020 were selected for the competition. In 2020, the sales condition was excluded – previously, cars with a planned annual sales volume of at least 500 units in the Japanese market could take part in the competition. In connection with the fall of the car market due to the coronavirus, it was decided to cancel this item.
On November 4, a shortlist of the top 10 cars will be determined. From among which the winner of the award will be selected later.
Japan Car of the Year has been held since 1980. The title of the best car in Japan 2019-2020 bears the Toyota RAV4. Now Suzuki Hustler, Subaru Levorg, several models of Daihatsu, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, as well as Peugeot and Volkswagen are claiming the title of the best.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles