Musk bypasses Gates to become the second richest man in the worldNovember 24, 2020
Founder Tesla Inc. and SpaceX Elon Musk became the second richest man in the world, ahead of Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft.
Musk’s fortune was estimated at $ 127.9 billion. This year alone, he increased his net worth by $ 100.3 billion, the highest among the 500 richest people in the world.
Back in January, Musk was ranked 35th. It is noted that the sharp rise in his fortune was caused by an increase in the value of Tesla shares.
At the same time, this is the second time in eight years that Gates has dropped below second place. The compilers of the index point out that if the founder of Microsoft hadn’t done so much charity, his fortune would have been greater. Now it is estimated at $ 127.7 billion.
First place goes to the founder of the Internet company Amazon Jeff Bezos.
The authors of the rating also note that this year was profitable for the richest people in the world, despite the pandemic, they managed to earn 1.3 trillion dollars.
- Sketches of a Ford Bronco pickup accidentally hit the Web
- BMW X5 presented with 3D Design Aerodynamics Package
- Renault has created its own carsharing with electric Mobilize cars
- Rare 1937 Bugatti Type 57S up for auction
- Dutch car company Spyker goes bankrupt