More than 5 thousand Toyota Vios recall in China because of Takata airbagsDecember 23, 2018
This is not the first review in the history of the brand associated with the airbags of this company. Due to a defect in the design, such airbags may not work as it should: the driver and his passengers may be injured by shrapnel.
The Japanese car company Toyota will send over 5,000 Toyota Vios for repairs. The service action starts on January 31, 2019 in the Middle Kingdom. It is known that the reason for the start of the revocable campaign was the defective airbags of the notorious Takata company.
According to official data, 5,032 cars that came off the assembly line from October 23, 2002 to April 15, 2003 will be sent to the service. The problem lies in the front airbag intended for the passenger traveling near the driver.
These pillows are equipped with faulty inflators. When the pillow is triggered, they may break: as a result, a portion of shrapnel will fall into the car’s interior. It is fraught with serious injuries for those inside. All necessary repairs will be free of charge.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station