More than 300,000 Europeans want to sue Volkswagen for diesel gateJanuary 3, 2019
Back in 2015, the German concern suffered severe punishment in America, where it bought all the recalled cars and paid compensation. But now the Europeans have “woken up” and a lawsuit has been filed in Germany involving more than 300,000 people.
Despite the fact that the Volkswagen diesel scandal happened more than three years ago, the company still faces the consequences. In Germany, filed a class action lawsuit in the direction of the concern, set out on 200 pages. As part of this lawsuit, more than 300,000 people have already been gathered to join it.
“The Federal Union of Consumer Protection Societies (VZBV) together with the All-German Automobile Club on November 1, 2018 filed a complaint against Volkswagen. The plaintiffs want to prove that the concern “through manipulation of the software intentionally harmed the buyers.” “TASS reports. According to the organizers, anyone who purchased a VAG car from 2008 equipped with a diesel engine EA189 can join the lawsuit.
As of today, this is the first class action lawsuit in Germany against a local company. Perhaps not the last. And it is still unknown how the trial will unfold, but the German lawyers are relieved by the American precedent.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets