Mini Electric received more than 80 thousand ordersNovember 8, 2019
MINI Electric may sell better than you would expect based solely on specifications.
During a discussion of the results of the third quarter, the BMW Group announced that the MINI brand is already reporting great interest in its first production electric car – the MINI Cooper SE (also known as MINI Electric).
To date, over 78,000 customers have shown a “keen interest” in MINI Electric (compared to 45,000 in August). These are not orders or reservations, but even with a conversion rate of 50%, this can lead to a significant volume, since the MINI brand sells only 300,000-350,000 cars annually. I wonder if these promising requests are associated with a relatively attractive price. Another important factor, probably, is that the MINI brand is ideally suited for an all-electric drive. MINI Electric production will begin later this month.
For comparison: sales of the MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 hybrid in 2019 (worldwide) were 11,999 by the end of September (an increase of 36% compared to the same period last year). Total sales are over 31,000.
- French princess Ermine de Clermont-Tonner got into a terrible accident
- Nissan unveils e-4ORCE all-wheel drive on Leaf prototype
- Tesla changes plans to build a plant in Europe
- Elonn Mask forced to advertise Tesla cars
- Bolinger SUVs equipped with a unique cargo transportation system