MINI called the date of the premiere of the first electric carJune 20, 2019
The first in the history of the British brand serial electric car will receive the power unit from the BMW i3S hatchback. Power reserve without recharging will be 270 kilometers
MINI has released a video teaser for its first production model with a fully electric powerplant – the Cooper SE. The premiere of the car will take place on July 9th.
Externally, the new product will not significantly differ from the electric concept car MINI Electric Concept, shown in 2017. The car will have the same “closed” grille with yellow inserts, special aluminum rims, as well as the port for connecting the charging cable to the right.
According to unofficial data, the Mini Cooper SE will be equipped with a power unit from the BMW i3S hatchback. This is an electric motor, issuing 184 liters. with. and 270 N · m of torque, which is powered by a battery pack of 44 kW · h. Power reserve without recharging will be about 270 kilometers (for the WLTP cycle).
MINI has already begun to accept pre-orders for electric cars in a number of European countries, including Germany, France, Norway, Sweden and the Netherlands. Later the car will be available in Italy, Spain, the UK and the USA.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious