MG electric sports car arriving in 2021January 5, 2021
There are crossovers, hatchbacks and sedans in the British MG lineup today, but this historic brand is best remembered for its gay roadsters of the 20th century. We’re talking cars like the MG TF and the iconic classic MGB.
Fortunately, MG, currently owned by Chinese automaker SAIC, hasn’t forgotten its roots as we’ve seen the company unveil two sports car concepts in recent years: the E-Motion 2 + 2 coupe in 2017 and the Cyberster two-seater roadster in 2020. year.
But will we see a modern MG sports car in production? The answer seems to be yes. Autocar reporters reported on Monday that MG will launch a sports car in late 2021. Moreover, it will be a very niche model.
According to the publication, the sports car will be an electric coupe with proportions similar to the E-Motion concept, but with a front end design more like the Cyberster. The platform will be supplied by SAIC and will support an electric motor on each axle.
Unfortunately, the car is unlikely to appear in Russia, since MG is not represented in our market.
- Third generation Haval H6 SUV prices announced
- BMW plans to double EV sales in 2021
- Mercedes-Benz has published details of the new electric crossover EQA
- Automotive brands that patent the most innovations named
- Former Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn may go to jail for 10 years