Mercedes uses MGU-H in road carsJune 21, 2020
Mercedes adapts Formula 1 powertrain technology for use in premium road cars. We are talking about the use of the MGU-H motor generator, which converts the energy of the exhaust gases rotating the turbine into electricity.
For the first time, MGU-H technology was developed for Mercedes powertrains used in Formula 1 since 2014. In road cars, it will be called an “electric exhaust turbocharger,” allowing you to reduce the “turbo-hole” and increase torque at low engine speeds.
- Toyota RAV4 fails moose test again
- Test drive Volvo V90 Cross Country
- The Germans named the best used cars up to 5,000 euros
- Ford is working on a new Megazilla engine
- Alfa Romeo recalls Giulia over brake discs