Mercedes uses MGU-H in road carsJune 21, 2020
Mercedes adapts Formula 1 powertrain technology for use in premium road cars. We are talking about the use of the MGU-H motor generator, which converts the energy of the exhaust gases rotating the turbine into electricity.
For the first time, MGU-H technology was developed for Mercedes powertrains used in Formula 1 since 2014. In road cars, it will be called an “electric exhaust turbocharger,” allowing you to reduce the “turbo-hole” and increase torque at low engine speeds.
- Experts explain why over 50% of cars are black or white
- Maserati connects its vehicles to TomTom services
- Bugatti is preparing an electric track hypercar
- Hyundai plans to launch a large pickup truck
- Volkswagen continues testing Golf GTI TCR