Mercedes officially confirmed the creation of the electric GelandewagenNovember 8, 2019
Soon, all-electric versions of the Mercedes-Benz G-Class will enter the market. But in fact, the SUV will go into a separate line of electric vehicles EQ.
The current head of Mercedes-Benz Ola Kalenius does not see the company without the legendary SUV G-Class Gelendwagen. As part of a recent meeting, the question was raised about the possibility of removing the Gelandewagen from the conveyor. However, the chapter himself rejected this idea.
It is likely that in the future the model will get on electric rails and get a powerful twin-engine layout, preserving its dynamic and off-road qualities. There are no details yet, as, apparently, there is not even a draft of the future car.
Nevertheless, the future SUV should enter the line of electric cars Mercedes-EQ. We assume that it will be called EQG, and may appear on the market by 2025.
Officially, nothing is said about the timing of the appearance of the electric novelty.
- The new Lexus NX will be created on the Toyota RAV4 platform
- Opel will release a new model Closer to next summer, the German concern
- Unveiled the appearance of the new Batmobile
- Bentley Launches Its Latest V8 Motor
- The new Bentley Bentayga spotted on tests in tricky camouflage