Mercedes Me App Disclosed Personal InformationOctober 22, 2019
Two owners of Mercedes-Benz complained that the Mercedes Me application displays a phone number and information about the whereabouts of other owners. The error happened last Friday, shortly before the application shut down for maintenance. According to a representative of the German brand, the problem has already been eliminated and has affected less than 1% of our customers.
The technologies integrated into our machines are beginning to be perceived as independent. From the ability to unlock your car with your smartphone to the integrated Wi-Fi module, all this makes the life of motorists easier. However, these amenities are fraught with risk, for example, one that was identified last week by several owners of Mercedes-Benz.
So, it is reported about two users who complained that the Mercedes Me application displays information belonging to other owners of the car of the German brand.
Failures in the application gave them the opportunity to see the names of other owners, their latest location information and phone numbers. Fortunately, the application did not make it possible to find out the location of the user in real time, to the account of which they had access, and also to unlock and start the car.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires