Mercedes introduced the Formula E car and announced the composition of the pilotsSeptember 11, 2019
Mercedes has unveiled its Formula E factory team at the Frankfurt International Auto Show
The Sturgart concern will become one of two new manufacturers in the sixth season of the electric racing series along with Porsche and will replace the HWA team, which performed the Venturi client powerplant in the season 2018/2019.
The production of the Mercedes FE power plant was carried out by the Mercedes High Performance Powertrains division, which is building engines for Formula 1. HPP will also continue to build and maintain electric motors, and the Silver Arrow 01 chassis will assemble HWA at the base in Affalterbach.
In addition to the presentation of the livery of an electric car, Mercedes also introduced the composition of the pilots. Stand for Silver Arrows in Formula E will be Stoffel Vandorn, who defended the colors of the HWA last season, and rookie Nick de Vries, now the leader in the Formula 2 championship.
The 2019/2010 season in Formula E starts on November 22 in Saudi Arabia.
- Tesla began to equip with a full-fledged autopilot
- Pininfarina Battista offers exclusive charging
- BMW and Kith create a line of clothing for motorists
- MINI Cooper S Convertible Receives Sidewalk Version
- Most often the rules are violated by drivers of BMW, Audi and Acura