Mercedes-Benz Sprinter received a new diesel engineJune 30, 2020
Mercedes-Benz has added a third engine option to the engine range of its Sprinter van.
In the near future, a full-size van will be available to order a car with a four-cylinder turbodiesel under the hood. The new 2.0-liter unit develops 161 horsepower. All of the torque is transmitted to the rear wheels via a seven-speed automatic transmission. Fuel economy data has not been published, but this option should stand out in Sprinter’s performance.
Sprinter buyers who ordered a 2.0-liter turbodiesel will be able to transport up to 3 tons of cargo depending on the configuration of the van and tow from 2.3 to 3.4 tons. The maximum speed is electronically limited at 145 km / h.
There are no visual differences between the 2.0-liter Sprinter equipped with petrol four-cylinder or turbo-diesel V6 options. The list of standard features includes keyless entry, lane retention, a pair of USB-C ports, shift paddles and a tilt-adjustable steering wheel. Power seats, an electric side sliding door, a heated windshield and what Mercedes calls a high-performance air conditioning system are available as options.
It is noted that the new unit will not be available for the passenger version of the model. The price starts at $ 38,770 for a regular van with a 3.7-meter wheelbase, $ 44,100 for the mid-size version and $ 45,950 for an extended model.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system