Mercedes-Benz recalls E-Class due to tearing spoilerOctober 19, 2019
The recall campaign affected almost 4,800 E-Class station wagons.
The United States National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announces the voluntary recall of 4,765 Mercedes-Benz models, including the 2019 E 450, E 400 2017–2018 and AMG E 63 S 2018–2019. The reason for the recall is the incorrect installation of a spoiler, which starts to rattle at high speed, and then can come off the trunk door.
Initially, the company accused the installation of the details of one of the trainees on the conveyor, but after an investigation it turned out that the defect had spread to a much larger number of cars than this employee had assembled.
Representatives of Mercedes-Benz will notify the owner of the station wagon about the need to provide a vehicle to the nearest dealership to conduct a free diagnosis of the malfunction and its elimination.
- Key BMW and Mini models lose diesel engines
- Toyota suspends work at India plant again due to strike
- BMW is preparing for restyling crossover BMW X5
- 2021 Honda City hatchback unveiled
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz Metris gets new design and more options