Mercedes-Benz recalls 270,000 C-Class cars over potential fireJanuary 16, 2021
The Mercedes recall campaign will become very large-scale and will affect several world car markets at once.
The premium German brand Mercedes-Benz has announced the launch of a recall campaign for 270,000 C-Class W205 cars. Moreover, the review will affect not one country, but will become worldwide. The reason for the service action is very serious – a fire can occur on sedans.
It can happen due to faulty AC diodes, which can lead to a short circuit in the starter battery. This likelihood increases with prolonged idling of the engine. Mercedes also told which cars should be sent for diagnostics and subsequent repairs.
We are talking about cars that rolled off the assembly line between 2014 and 2018. Under the hood of these machines is the four-cylinder M274 engine.
At the moment, all owners have received notifications that the service promotion will take place, but the start date has not yet been determined.
Traditionally, diagnostics and repairs will be free for owners.
- Honda unveils new HR-V hybrid for Europe ahead of late 2021 launch
- Hyundai froze assembly of Kona EV over fire recall
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web