Mercedes-Benz recalls 270,000 C-Class cars over potential fireJanuary 16, 2021
The Mercedes recall campaign will become very large-scale and will affect several world car markets at once.
The premium German brand Mercedes-Benz has announced the launch of a recall campaign for 270,000 C-Class W205 cars. Moreover, the review will affect not one country, but will become worldwide. The reason for the service action is very serious – a fire can occur on sedans.
It can happen due to faulty AC diodes, which can lead to a short circuit in the starter battery. This likelihood increases with prolonged idling of the engine. Mercedes also told which cars should be sent for diagnostics and subsequent repairs.
We are talking about cars that rolled off the assembly line between 2014 and 2018. Under the hood of these machines is the four-cylinder M274 engine.
At the moment, all owners have received notifications that the service promotion will take place, but the start date has not yet been determined.
Traditionally, diagnostics and repairs will be free for owners.
- Porsche may return to Formula 1
- Mercedes-Benz has published the first teaser of the new EQS
- In Singapore, cars with internal combustion engines will be banned by 2025
- Geely and Mercedes-Benz to unveil Smart electric crossover concept
- Lamborghini reveals details of its new Huracan STO