Mercedes-Benz plans sporty SL for 2021April 22, 2019
The German company intends for the eighth generation SL to shift the emphasis on sportiness. The next generation roadster “will return the historical DNA.” As AMG head Tobias Moers notes, “He will become much more athletic. The SL will get the perfect compromise between driving dynamics and comfort. ”
Experts AMG already set to work. Some components are expected to be received from the next generation GT. It will be built on the modular MSA platform, which uses a large amount of aluminum, which will make the new SL easier and faster, despite the fact that the engine will be supplemented with a “soft” hybrid system that has a rather heavy weight.
Return and fabric roof, which will reduce weight. It is expected that the layout of the roadster, assuming a 2+2 seating, will remain in the new version.
The next-generation Mercedes-Benz SL will be introduced closer to 2021. The concept, anticipating the appearance of the model, may be shown as early as next year.
- BMW officially confirmed the release of the BMW i4M in 2021
- BMW to start production of battery modules in 2021
- New Maserati Grecale SUV showed on renders
- BMW unveils new superbike BMW M 1000 RR
- Volvo electric cars will be built on the new Geely platform