Mercedes-Benz has created its own autopilotOctober 29, 2020
The German automaker Mercedes-Benz has announced that it is creating autonomous driving technology in-house.
Mercedes-Benz has revealed that it has created an autonomous driving system, but the technology will be tested by the brand’s engineers, not the customers. If we compare the brand with the American manufacturer of electric cars – Tesla, which uses the public to test the Full Self Driving autopilot software, the German experts have chosen a different scheme for testing the new system.
It will be reported that testing will be carried out in several stages and not on city streets. Mercedes-Benz representatives note that on normal roads, highly automated driving systems need to be honed, which will have a positive effect on improving accident statistics.
The company claims that the computer has a much faster reaction speed in the event of an emergency. Representatives of the German brand noted that testing the autopilot by engineers will make the new system more intuitive for ordinary drivers and they will be able to accurately imagine how the technology will work and what is not available for it.
- Named the debut date of the new Toyota Land Cruiser
- Testing spotted a prototype electric Audi Q4 E-Tron Sportback
- Porsche began testing the “high” version of the 911 sports car
- New renders of KIA Sportage 2022 model year appeared on the web
- Work on Nikola Badger electric pickup is suspended