Mercedes-Benz EQC will be delayed due to battery problemsFebruary 28, 2019
It is assumed that the delivery time of the all-electric crossover may change. Earlier, Mercedes-Benz had intended to start mass production of EQC this spring, but now changed plans. The company is set to start shipping in mid-2019. In this case, only VIPs will receive their cars, the rest will have to wait at least until November.
The problem lies in the production of batteries. A subsidiary of Daimler Accumobil is having difficulty increasing the production of batteries for EQC. Due to the delay, the electric crossover will experience additional difficulties with the competition, since its rival, Audi e-tron, will go to dealerships a few months earlier. At the same time, Audi also postponed the delivery of the crossover because of the need to refine the software, but the delay was only 4 weeks.
Initially, the Mercedes-Benz EQC will be sold in version 400. It is equipped with a pair of electric motors that generate 402 hp. and 765 Nm of torque. Acceleration to 100 km / h takes 5.1 seconds. The maximum speed is 180 km / h. The 80 kW / h battery is expected to provide a range of 450 km, but no official data has yet been announced.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles