Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC received Toyota 2JZ engineJanuary 19, 2020
The German coupe received a second life with a new “heart”.
In 1971, a series of convertibles Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC (R 107), which were produced until 1989, debuted at the Paris Motor Show. The model also had a coupe version, which was especially popular with car enthusiasts.
Japanese Takahiro Higuchi is one of the fans of the model. He decided to replace the standard 4.5-liter M 117 engine with 225 hp. to a more productive unit, which was borrowed from Toyota.
So, the Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC received a forced 3.0-liter Toyota 2JZ-GTE, issuing 450 hp. power. Together with the engine, an automatic transmission from Toyota Aristo works. By the way, the exterior of this “German” gives itself out only with a fresh color and 17-inch wheels HWA Asteroid Wheels.
- Mahindra to Bring Formula E to India for Electric Vehicle Advertising
- Audi announced participation in Dakar
- European Honda CR-V left without gasoline engines
- New Praga R1 racing car presented
- Renault will release a budget analogue of the new generation Logan sedan