Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC received Toyota 2JZ engineJanuary 19, 2020
The German coupe received a second life with a new “heart”.
In 1971, a series of convertibles Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC (R 107), which were produced until 1989, debuted at the Paris Motor Show. The model also had a coupe version, which was especially popular with car enthusiasts.
Japanese Takahiro Higuchi is one of the fans of the model. He decided to replace the standard 4.5-liter M 117 engine with 225 hp. to a more productive unit, which was borrowed from Toyota.
So, the Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC received a forced 3.0-liter Toyota 2JZ-GTE, issuing 450 hp. power. Together with the engine, an automatic transmission from Toyota Aristo works. By the way, the exterior of this “German” gives itself out only with a fresh color and 17-inch wheels HWA Asteroid Wheels.
- JCW will be turned into a separate brand
- Genesis’ first electric crossover to debut in June
- Lamborghini opens second exclusive design studio
- Rolls-Royce Cullinan gets Black Bison version
- Prices for the new Volkswagen Caddy announced