Mercedes and NVIDIA will jointly develop an autonomous carJune 24, 2020
Mercedes-Benz and NVIDIA have announced a partnership to develop premium autonomous cars.
As part of the partnership, it is planned to create a revolutionary computing architecture that can be equipped with all new Mercedes-Benz cars starting in 2024.
According to NVIDIA, it will be the most difficult and advanced development, which will receive the advanced computing architecture ever used in the automotive industry.
The new on-board computer will provide the cars with the second and third levels of autonomy, giving them the opportunity to park on their own, drive into the garage and move along the established route with minimal driver involvement.
The upcoming autopilot, as the developers note, will receive updates “over the air” and will constantly improve its own functionality, leaving even Tesla electric cars behind in this sense.
In addition, it was previously noted that the electric Mercedes-Benz EQC received a new base version. The novelty will acquire a less productive power unit.
- Tesla sues Chinese media over negative reporting on Shanghai plant
- Daihatsu HiJet or the funniest truck in the world
- Rimac called erroneous information about allegedly sold out supercars Rimac C_Two
- Lotus will offer other companies its platform for electric cars
- Spy shots of new Volkswagen ID Roomzz published