Mercedes-AMG is preparing to launch a sporty G-ClassSeptember 8, 2020
Mercedes-Benz has proven several times that the G-Class is the ideal candidate for the production of unique versions. In a new teaser, AMG says another “violent” version is coming soon.
With six wheels, no roof or incredible power: the G-Class is a constant source of interest from various tuning companies. This time the SUV finds itself on the desktop of Mercedes’ own AMG division. Mercedes’ personal automotive designer Gorden Wagener also stood at this table to transform the G-Class.
The final result in the teaser is still hidden under the cloth. However, in one smooth movement, the fabric at the back flies a little and reveals an extremely “understated” G-Class with very large and wide racing wheels. In addition, the grilles glowing under the canvas on all windows are striking. All this suggests that we have before us an exclusively sports version of the SUV for the autodrome.
However, the accompanying text is questionable. In it, Mercedes-AMG speaks of “the art of the luxury car” and uses the hashtag “new luxury”. Gorden Wagener isn’t the only designer at the helm of the G-Class: the tweet mentions Virgil Abloh, an American designer, entrepreneur and DJ who has been Artistic Director of the Louis Vuitton Men’s Collection since March 2018.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious