Mercedes-AMG has published details of the new generation of the Mercedes-AMG SL convertibleApril 7, 2021
According to the published data, the other day in his interview with Car and Driver, the head of the AMG division Philip Schiemer said that the new generation of the Mercedes SL convertible will be produced under the Mercedes-AMG brand. At the same time, with the release of the new product on the market, the AMG GT roadster, presented in 2016, will be discontinued.
This leaves two sports models on the market: the Mercedes-AMG GT Coupé and the Mercedes-AMG SL Cabriolet. As the head noted, the novelty will be built on the same platform and will receive the same units as the popular sports car. At the same time, the Mercedes-AMG SL can get a “mild hybrid” and a plug-in hybrid. The latter should produce more than 800 hp. power.
Another difference between one model and another will be the seating formula: the AMG GT will be strictly a two-seater, while the Mercedes-AMG SL will be a four-seater. In addition, the convertible can get an all-wheel drive system as an option. The date of the presentation of the new Mercedes-AMG SL is not yet known.
- Honda unveils new HR-V hybrid for Europe ahead of late 2021 launch
- Hyundai froze assembly of Kona EV over fire recall
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web