Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series supercar sets new lap record at NürburgringOctober 22, 2020
Recall that the previous record holder was the Italian Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce Jota.
The new German supercar Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series was marked by a very worthy record – it covered the legendary Nürburgring circuit with the best time. On Thursday, October 22, reports the Motor1 portal.
Note that we are talking about machines for which a serial production process has been established. The German supercar was driven by factory pilot Maro Engel. As a result, he was able to cover the lap distance in 6 minutes 43 seconds.
The previous record holder was the Italian supercar Lamborghini Aventador Superveloce Jota. This car was able to cover the distance of the Nürburgring in the summer of 2018 in 6: 44.97.
Now it remains only to officially confirm the record, after which the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is officially recognized as the fastest production car at the Nurburgring.
- Superformance has modernized the legendary Shelby Daytona
- Sony has no plans to release a production version of the Vision-S concept
- Latest internal combustion engine Lotus debuts this summer
- New Nissan Ariya spotted on tests in Japan
- BMW will cut its lineup for profit