Mercedes-AMG EQS first shown in publicMay 2, 2021
Few Mercedes models may end up without AMG tweaks. Mercedes’ new electric flagship will also get a version that will include AMG. Mercedes-AMG EQS can be seen for the first time in the presented spy shots.
Mercedes’ AMG division revealed its electrification plans at the end of March. It became clear that the Affalterbach-based company offers not only fairly high-performance hybrids, but also completely electric AMGs. These electric cars naturally share a basis with the electric models of Mercedes-Benz, and it is likely that this series of spy photos shows the AMG version with exactly zero emissions.
A jet-black Mercedes-AMG EQS under camouflage was spotted at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. The camouflage undoubtedly hides the sporty bumpers and, if you look closely, you can see perforated brake discs as well as AMG brake calipers behind the front alloys.
The EQS will be available in various capacity versions. Customers will be able to choose not only the 333-horsepower EQS 450+, but also the 524-horsepower EQS 580 4Matic. Mercedes-Benz has already said that there is also an AMG variant in development, and that the EQS with an electric output of 763 hp will be presented in the car market. This must be the AMG that is being tested at the Nurburgring.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km