McLaren thinks about performing at WECMay 8, 2020
As the head of McLaren Racing, Zack Brown has repeatedly talked about the need to expand the geography of performances. This year, McLaren has a team in Indycar, and after a few years the team can take part in endurance races – in the new LMDh category, which allows competing both in the WEC World Championship and under the auspices of the IMSA association in America.
Zach Brown: “We are really considering such an opportunity. For McLaren, this would be an ideal portfolio in motorsport – Formula 1, Indycar and sports car races. These are completely different competitions that complement each other perfectly.
We will move forward step by step. We were convinced that in Formula 1 our team is moving in the right direction. We entered Indycar and waited for what the rules would be in endurance racing. The decision made is quite suitable for us.
I can’t say in what year we will start performing there – in 2022 or 2023. This will happen after I see that our teams in Formula 1 and in Indycar are progressing properly. Then it will be possible to take on a new project. ”
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors