Mclaren showed the car Fernando Alonso for the Indy 500April 9, 2019
On Monday, April 8, 48 days before the start of the 103rd in the history of the “500 miles of Indianapolis” race, the McLaren team presented the car to the public, behind the wheel of which Fernando Alonso will try to conquer America’s main race and become the second in the history of autosport holder of the Triple Crown after Graham Hill .
In May of this year, McLaren and Alonso returned to the “Old Brickman” after a relatively successful performance in 2017, when the Spaniard played 27 out of 200 laps, but came down due to engine failure.
Unlike last year, the Alonso car is equipped with a Chevrolet engine, while McLaren’s technical partner is Carlin, not Andretti Autosport.
Training sessions in Indianapolis will start on May 14th. But behind the wheel of Dallara DW12, Alonso will sit on Tuesday in private tests on an oval in Texas.
- Tesla sues Chinese media over negative reporting on Shanghai plant
- 2022 “charged” BMW X3 M and M4 spotted in tests
- Look at the pink Rezvani Tank with lemon interior
- Humvee hijacked from military warehouse found in Los Angeles River
- Lottery Winner Cannot Pick Up Chevrolet Corvette Won From Dealer