McLaren is testing a hybrid 720SMay 17, 2019
The hybrid version is in development and points to the development path that McLaren has chosen for its future models. As part of the Track25 business plan, the company will release 18 new cars and versions of existing cars by the end of 2025.
The first models have already been presented – this is 600LT Spider, 720S Spider and Speedtail. Soon they should join and the new hybrid, which will be built on the basis of the McLaren 720S. Recently, a test mule was noticed during tests on European roads.
The hybrids are indicated by a sticker on the side window and corresponding badges on the body. The design has not changed. The prototype is no different from the standard 720S.
The company also reported that it is working on “lighter ultra-fast charging and a powerful battery system to improve performance,” which will provide future models with more than 30 minutes of movement on race tracks in a fully electric mode.
- Electric crossover Volvo XC40 Recharge will be disassembled in the name of safety
- Ford rolls out a rechargeable version of the new generation Ranger pickup truck for tests
- 2022 BMW X1 first shown in renders
- Jaguar F-PACE gets two new special editions in Italy
- Maserati Grecale crossover to debut in November