McLaren is preparing to launch a new hybrid supercarOctober 6, 2020
Like the company’s previous models, the novelty will be built around a carbon monocoque.
Early next year, McLaren is going to show the public its new supercar with a hybrid power plant. The model has no name yet, and the manufacturer discloses its characteristics very reluctantly. Now we are promised to release “one of the most significant” cars in the history of the brand.
Now McLaren is testing and fine-tuning the new supercar on public roads. Among them, 11 mules and several McLaren 600LTs with a new engine. According to hints from the brand’s chief engineer, the car will be completely new – from the power plant to the chassis, tires and electrics.
According to preliminary data, the novelty will be equipped with a hybrid power plant consisting of a turbocharged V6 and several electric motors, the power of which is not yet known. The premiere of the supercar from McLaren is scheduled for the first quarter of 2021.
- Tesla began to equip with a full-fledged autopilot
- Pininfarina Battista offers exclusive charging
- BMW and Kith create a line of clothing for motorists
- MINI Cooper S Convertible Receives Sidewalk Version
- Most often the rules are violated by drivers of BMW, Audi and Acura