McLaren is preparing to launch a new hybrid supercarOctober 6, 2020
Like the company’s previous models, the novelty will be built around a carbon monocoque.
Early next year, McLaren is going to show the public its new supercar with a hybrid power plant. The model has no name yet, and the manufacturer discloses its characteristics very reluctantly. Now we are promised to release “one of the most significant” cars in the history of the brand.
Now McLaren is testing and fine-tuning the new supercar on public roads. Among them, 11 mules and several McLaren 600LTs with a new engine. According to hints from the brand’s chief engineer, the car will be completely new – from the power plant to the chassis, tires and electrics.
According to preliminary data, the novelty will be equipped with a hybrid power plant consisting of a turbocharged V6 and several electric motors, the power of which is not yet known. The premiere of the supercar from McLaren is scheduled for the first quarter of 2021.
- Toyota Supra from “Fast and Furious” movie sold for $ 550,000
- Subaru has announced the new Impreza. The price will remain the same
- A powerful 2JZ engine was installed in a 2004 Ford pickup
- Max Verstappen won the French Grand Prix
- This race features a 2022 Honda Civic, Mazda3 and Toyota Corolla