McLaren had to withdraw their cars because of Takata airbagsApril 4, 2019
The British company announced the recall of McLaren MP4-12C 2012-2013, 650-2016 2014-2016, 675LT 2015 and 2016, P1 2014-2015 and 570 2015-2017 release.
The reason for the service campaign is defective airbags. The inflator that Takata used in its airbags is exposed to high humidity and temperature changes. It can explode if triggered during an accident, metal fragments fly around the cabin and can cause serious injury or death.
It should be noted that in 2017, McLaren has already announced a small review about this. Now the service campaign has begun in the US market. It includes 2792 cars.
- BMW officially unveils new M3 and M4
- Perhaps this is how the new Kia Forte / Cerato will look like
- Hyundai unveils Sonata N Line
- Jeep Wrangler nearly fell off a cliff
- Audi R8 received a new special version