McLaren brought to public roads the fastest supercar in its historyOctober 22, 2019
The British brand began testing the Speedtail hypercar, which became the successor to the famous F1, on public roads
McLaren began road trials of the prototype Speedtail model – the fastest “civilian” car in its history. Spy photos of the hypercar were published by Carscoops.
The McLaren Speedtail was first shown in October 2018. The novelty became the ideological successor of the legendary F1 model, which from 1993 to 2005 was the title of the fastest production car in the world.
The hypercar with a carbon structure was equipped with a hybrid power plant based on a four-liter twin-turbo V8 with a capacity of 756 liters. pp., which is paired with a 312-horsepower electric unit. The McLaren Speedtail can accelerate from standstill to 300 km / h in 12.8 seconds, which is 2.7 seconds faster than the McLaren P1 and 0.3 seconds faster than the Bugatti Chiron. The maximum speed of the car was 403 km per hour.
In total, the British company will produce 106 such cars, each of which will cost about $ 2.3 million. At the moment, all hypercars have already been sold. The first customers will receive their cars no earlier than the beginning of 2020.
- Car companies experienced a sharp drop in sales
- Tesla will accelerate the acceleration of its electric cars for $ 2,000
- One of 15 Porsche sports cars will be sold at auction for 280,000 euros
- Chinese Qoros to bring “prophetic” concept to Beijing
- Hyundai Tucson crossover will become a hallmark for the brand